Trump’s FCC pick Brendan Carr made his presence felt on late night TV when lawyers at CBS allegedly told host Late Night host Stephen Colbert he couldn’t interview Texas State Rep. James Talarico, the up and coming Texas Democrat who is running against current house member U.S Rep. Jasmine Crockett for a U.S. Senate seat.
Since Colbert wasn’t able to broadcast the interview, he put the video on YouTube, because network folks don’t understand how the internet works…or do they? Who knows anymore?
The FCC opened a probe into ABC’s “The View,” after Talarico appeared on that show.
Talarico is a former public school teacher who serves as a member of the Texas House of Representatives. Talarico has been called a “rising star” among Texas Democrats.
Click here to read more from the Austin American-Statesman.
“I think that Donald Trump is worried that we’re about to flip Texas,” Talarico said. “This is the party that ran against cancel culture, and now they’re trying to control what we watch, what we say, what we read. And this is the most dangerous kind of cancel culture, the kind that comes from the top.”
Talarico also said Trump is “selling out the First Amendment to curry favor with corrupt politicians.”
So here’s what Brian Stelter said about the perceived threats from the FCC. It’s all designed to silence thee opposition to Trump:
Flashback to what a source at the FCC told CNN last month when the agency made noise about revisiting the "equal time" rule:
"Once again here, the threat is the point."
The point is to "force shows and networks to second-guess their decisions in light of this 'new' guidance." pic.twitter.com/l6YSytvSA0
— Brian Stelter (@brianstelter) February 17, 2026









